Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | RSS | More
Divorce is an emotionally and financially stressful process, and if you’re in the public eye, it can be even more so.
When you’re a public figure, talk to a competent divorce lawyer. It would behoove both parties to be as discreet about the divorce process as you can be.
Here are just a few things to consider as a public figure:
- Do not discuss your divorce on social media. Sooner or later, reporters will get wind and will start digging for “dirt” and material that will sell copies of their publication.
- Do not discuss the details of your divorce with casual acquaintances. Only relay the facts to individuals on a “need to know basis,” which is limited to a very small pool of individuals.
- Beware of discussing your divorce in public places where others can hear the conversation.
- Do not badmouth your spouse or their divorce attorney, especially on social media.
- Do not go on the record about your divorce without speaking to a divorce lawyer first.
This clip taken from Dennis’ weekly show on Q92.1.